Lead Pastor of Fairview Baptist Church Knoxville
Tennessee Ministry Philosophy & Experience
Pastor Jeff is known for his bold and uncompromising preaching of God’s Holy Word, the Bible. His passionate preaching comes from a deep theological conviction that the Bible is the infallible, inerrant, authoritative, and sufficient for any situation we face in life. Every church that Dr. La Borg has pastored has experienced record setting growth in worship attendance, evangelism, and stewardship.
Jeff and Kristi have been married over 30 years. They have two children and one beautiful granddaughter.
Dr. La Borg has achieved multiple degrees from Liberty University, Liberty Theological Seminary, Louisiana Baptist Theological Seminary, and Immanuel Baptist Theological Seminary. He has done post-graduate studies at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Eschatology.
Additional Ministry Service
- Founder and President of Jeff La Borg Ministries™
- Elected Vice President of the Tennessee Baptist Convention Pastors Conference
- Elected President of the Tennessee Baptist Convention Pastors Conference
- Elected to the Tennessee Baptist Convention Executive Board
- Elected to the Georgia Baptist Convention Nominating Committee
- Elected to the Board of Trustees for Tennessee Temple Baptist University
- Elected as a Vice President for the Georgia Baptist Convention
- Served on the Board of Trustees for Truett-McConnell Baptist College
- Contributor and Member of the Board of Fires of Revival Publications, Louisiana
- Past Member of the National Pre-Trib Research Center, Dr. Tim Lahaye, President
- Alumni Member of the National Security Forum/Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Alabama (Class of 2009)
Awards & Recognitions
- Recipient of the Prestigious Lifeway Top 100 Southern Baptist Churches Award
- Recipient of the Charles H. Spurgeon Prayer & Spiritual Awakening Award
- Recipient of numerous Southern Baptist Association, State Convention, and National Southern Baptist Convention awards for pastoral leadership, church growth, missions giving, Sunday School growth, and baptism